macOS Catalina Crash
Upon upgrading your macOS to Catalina 10.15, you may experience unexpected Beam App crashes. To overcome this issue, launch your Beam App using the crash dialogue box:
- Following the crash, a Problem Report will appear indicating the "Beam quit unexpectedly".
- Select "Reopen" to relaunch.
Please consider, it may require multiple failed attempts before prompting the crash dialogue box.
Don't see the crash dialogue box?
Try this instead:
- Open a new terminal window on your Mac by pressing "command+spacebar" and type "terminal".
- Double click the Terminal icon to open.
- Copy the command below and paste it into the terminal window:
/Applications/Beam.app/Contents/Resources/bin/beam ; exit;
- Launch your Beam App and select Options > Video:
• If the Beam App does NOT crash: Right-click on the "exec" icon in the dock and choose "Keep in dock".
• If the app crashes: Copy/paste and run the following command in the terminal and re-initiate the Beam application. Allow (2-3 minutes) to generate the crash report.
defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter DialogType crashreport
Please let us know if the above steps do not resolve the problem you are experiencing.