The Beam Desktop App now has the ability to determine and assign a pilot's optimal microphone level by simply recording your voice from your pilot station. This feature manages the audio level to maintain a comfortable volume for those local to the Beam.
Detecting Optimal Input Level
- Launch your Beam Application.
- Select Options in the top, left-hand corner of your application.
- Select the Audio tab from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Detect optimal input level button.
- While the status bar shows Listening, speak in a normal voice for approximately 10 seconds or until the status bar reaches 100%.
- When complete, the application will play your recording back to you.
Note: Don't be alarmed if you do not hear yourself during playback. This is not an indication of a problem.
- The application will set and save your optimum microphone level for your next Beam session.
- To set a new level, repeat this process.