Create New Device Group
A device group is an organizational unit that can help you separate Beam devices into easily manageable sets. When you link a new Beam device to your organization, you must specify a device group to join. If none is specified, it will automatically be assigned to the Default Device Group. You can use a device group to grant users access to multiple Beams or to control access times. For a comprehensive list of device group settings, click here.
You must be an administrator to create a device group.
- Log into Your Account.
- You will be redirected to the Enterprise Beam Admin Dashboard.
- Select the Beams tab from the main menu.
- Click the +Create Device Group button in the top right corner of the Beams menu.
- Enter the desired name for the new device group.
- Click +Choose devices to add to this group to select the device(s) you'd like to add.
- All devices within the organization will be listed.
- Select one or multiple devices to the group by clicking on their profile.
- A checkmark will appear next to the selected device(s).
- Note: Click the highlighted device to deselect.
- Click Create Device Group to continue.
- The new device group will now be listed on the Beams page.