Beam Reservations - Office 365 Calendar Integrations
Beam calendar reservations now support integration with Microsoft Office 365. With this applied feature, users are able to view upcoming reservations, create new reservations, and modify/delete existing reservations all from Office 365.
In order to initiate the integration, you must possess the following permission levels:
- Office 365 - Global Administrator
- Beam Enterprise Organization - Organization Administrator
Enable Beam Reservations
To begin, ensure reservations are allowed for the preferred Beam device(s).
- Log into Your Account.
- You will be redirected to the Enterprise Beam Admin Dashboard.
- Select the Beams tab from the main menu.
- Under Devices, select the Beam for which you would like to enable reservations.
- Click Edit to view the Edit Device window.
- Click the Reservations drop-down to view your options for setting reservations.
- Save Changes.
Enable Office 365 Beam Reservations
Connect your Office 365 Organization within your organization settings:
- From the Enterprise Beam Admin Dashboard, select the Organization tab from the main menu.
- Locate the section called Connect your Office 365 Organization. Click Authorize.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log into your Office 365 administrator account.
- Give the Beam Reservations app permission to read/write all calendars.
- The application will redirect you to the Beam Organization Settings page.
- Next to, Connect your Office 365 Organization, you'll notice a success notification followed by instructions for disconnecting Beam reservations.
Schedule a Beam Reservation using Office 365
When the Beam calendar has been successfully added, Office 365 users who have been invited to the Beam organization, will notice the Beam calendar under Your calendars. To schedule a reservation:
- Open to view your Office 365 calendar.
- Select the preferred reservation time and day by double-clicking on the corresponding field.
- Add the details of your Beam reservation accordingly.
- In the Save to calendar section, select the desired Beam from the dropdown list.
- Select Save in the top right corner to confirm event details.
- When the reservation is accepted, it will appear in the corresponding Beam calendar.
Note: A reminder may be triggered based on your calendar settings.
- The Beam will remain Available to all users until your scheduled time unless otherwise reserved by another user.
- Users cannot view reservations scheduled for other users or administrators.
- Available times are not displayed for users during the scheduling process.
- If a user attempts to make a reservation at the same time as a previously scheduled reservation, the reservation will not be made, and the user will not be notified in any way.