Beam App Error - Catalina Crash
Upon updating your macOS to Catalina 10.15, you may experience consistant or sporadic application crashes when clicking "Beam In". Should this occur, please consider one of the following options below for overcoming this issue:
Option 1: Check for system updates. Update your computer to macOS Big Sur.
Option 2: Reopen the application from the Problem Report dialogue box.
- Following the crash, a Problem Report will appear indicating the "Beam quit unexpectedly"
- Select "Reopen" to relaunch.
*If the Problem Report Dialogue Box does not appear, see Option 3.
Option 3: Launch the Beam App from the terminal.
*Please note, this workaround is not known to be effective when deployed on a Mac system with an M1 chip configuration.
- Open a new Terminal window on your Mac (press "command+spacebar")
- Type "terminal"
- Double click the Terminal icon to open
- Copy the command below and paste it into the terminal window:
/Applications/Beam.app/Contents/Resources/bin/beam ; exit;
- A new "exec" icon should appear in your dock.
- Right-click on the exec icon
- Select "Options" > "Keep in Dock"
- Use the exec icon to launch the Beam App from this point forward.