Beam App Error - macOS Catalina
Upon upgrading your macOS to Catalina 10.15, you may experience unexpected Beam App crashes. To overcome this issue, launch your Beam App using the crash dialogue box.
- Following the crash, a Problem Report will appear indicating the "Beam quit unexpectedly".
- Select "Reopen" to relaunch.
OR... Try our recommended solution:
To avoid reopening the Beam App after each crash, launch the app from Terminal instead:
- Open a new Terminal window on your Mac (press "command+spacebar")
- Type "terminal"
- Double click the Terminal icon to open
- Copy the command below and paste it into the terminal window:
/Applications/Beam.app/Contents/Resources/bin/beam ; exit;
- A new "exec" icon should appear in your dock.
- Right-click on the exec icon and select Options > Keep in Dock
- Use the exec icon to launch the Beam App from this point forward