Beam Network - Allow 2.4 GHz Networks
By default, Beam is designed to ONLY recognize networks operating on a 5.0 GHz frequency as it is favorable among frequency bands. Find out why in our article, Beam Network - 5.0 GHz; however, if no 5.0 GHz network is accessible, you can enable the 2.4 GHz feature on the Beam alternatively.
Configure your Beam to connect to 2.4 GHz networks
- Insert a USB keyboard into the USB port on the Beam. See below for port locations:
- Beam Standard and Enhanced: Under the Beam's face (screen/speaker)
- BeamPro: Behind the hatch at the back of the BeamPro's head
- From the Device Settings menu, highlight Options. Press Enter to select.
- For new Beam setup, press CTRL+Shift+D on the Language screen to view the Device Settings menu.
- Select Network Options.
- Change the Frequency bands to use to Both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
- Escape back to select the WiFi Setup menu.
- All 2.4 GHz networks within range will be displayed.
- Select your preferred network to configure.