Beam Network - Configure 4G/LTE Dongle
When WiFi is weak, congested, or non-existent, 4G/LTE is a great alternative. Using your 4G dongle is simple and easy.
Preparing your 4G Dongle
- Insert your SIM card into the dongle. Some 4G/LTE dongles may not require a separate SIM card in which case you may skip this step.
- Insert the dongle into a PC and enter your PIN code to log in for the first time (you may need to enable roaming at this step). Disregard for previously established accounts.
- Safely eject the dongle from your PC. The dongle is now ready to use with your Beam.
Connect your Beam
- Power on your Beam.
- Connect the dongle to an available USB port. See below for port locations:
• Beam Standard and Enhanced: Under the Beam screen near the navigation camera
• BeamPro: Behind the hatch at the back of the BeamPro head
- Within 30 seconds, you will notice an icon in the upper right corner of your Beam screen indicating that a 4G/LTE connection has been established.
*Tip: If the Beam fails to connect, try manually pushing the Beam to increase signal strength.