Beam Error - Blinking Red Base Light
A red blinking light at the base of your Beam+ Standard/Enhanced system indicates a low or depleted battery. If your device has been disconnected from its power source for an extended period (3+ months), it is highly likely that the battery has sulfated and will require replacement.
Prior to replacement, you are encouraged to perform the following troubleshooting in efforts to recover your Beam:
- Ensure your Beam and dock are clean of dust and other materials.
*Consider using rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the contacts.
- Press and hold the power button at the side of the head for 6 seconds. Allow 5 minutes for the Beam to reboot independently.
- Use a multimeter to ensure the docking station contacts are producing 19-20V.
- Reseat the power cable at both ends of the connection (the dock and the power outlet).
- Try another power outlet or dock location. Tips: Find a level floor space and avoid carpeted areas when possible.
- Test or replace the power cable.
- Perform a motor controller board reset.
- Allow your Beam to rest on a successfully tested charging dock for 48 hours.
Replace Your Beam Battery
Alternatively, you may procure and replace your Beam battery independently. Additional information needed for this process is below for your reference: