Beam Error - Blinking Red Base Light
A red blinking light at the base of your Standard/Enhanced Beam indicates a low or depleted battery. If your device has been disconnected from its power source for an extended period (3+ months), it is highly likely that the battery has sulfated and will require replacement.
Prior to replacement, you are encouraged to perform the following troubleshooting in efforts to recover your Beam:
- Ensure your Beam and dock are clean of dust and other materials.
*Consider using rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the contacts.
- Press and hold the power button at the side of the head for 6 seconds. Allow 5 minutes for the Beam to reboot independently.
- Use a multimeter to ensure the docking station contacts are producing 19-20V.
- Reseat the power cable at both ends of the connection (the dock and the power outlet).
- Try another power outlet or dock location. Tips: Find a level floor space and avoid carpeted areas when possible.
- Test or replace the power cable.
- Perform a motor controller board reset.
- Allow your Beam to rest on a successfully tested charging dock for 48 hours.