Beam Network - WiFi Requirements
Your Beam is compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi signals at either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. However, please note: 5 GHz is strongly recommended and using (n) is preferred. Click here to learn more about why 5.0 GHz is recommended for Beam.
- High-Speed Internet
- Bandwidth: For best results, we recommend 3 Mbps up and down.
- 1 Mbps upload for each Beam on a given network
- 1 Mbps download for each Beam on a given network
- Network Traffic: Default settings on most routers and modems meet this requirement
- Open outgoing UDP traffic to ports 6868-6871
- All routers must have DHCP enabled or a separate DHCP server on your network
- Wireless Security
- Enabled (WiFi Password)
- WEP, WPA, WPA/WPA2 Personal, and some versions of WPA/WPA2 Enterprise are supported
- Beam Desktop App
- Requires outgoing and incoming traffic on TCP Port 443