Configuring a Basic WiFi Network
To connect your Beam Presence System to a WiFi network, a USB keyboard is required.
- Insert a USB keyboard into the USB port on the Beam. See below for port locations:
- Beam Standard and Enhanced: Under the Beam's face (screen/speaker)
- BeamPro: Behind the hatch at the back of the BeamPro's head
- Highlight WiFi Setup on the Device Settings screen. Press Enter to select.
- Use the down arrow key to highlight your preferred network. Press Enter to select.
Note: As a default, Beams are set to detect 5 GHz networks only. If you don't see your network in the list, click Ctrl+Shift+A for Advanced options.
- Key in your network password. Press Enter to confirm.
- Allow the Beam to complete the configuration process.
Note: If the configuration wheel hangs at any point, see our configuration troubleshooting article for more information.
- Upon successful configuration, a green checkmark will appear under the password field.
- Remove the keyboard to begin beaming.