Restore Beam to Factory Default Settings
A factory restore will NOT unlink your Beam from its current organization. See Consumer Admin Tool - Unlink Beam or Enterprise Admin Tool - Unlink Beam alternatively.
Uses for Factory Restore
- Clear all existing network configurations (Not recommended for 802.1x networks)
- Return all settings to factory defaults
- Clear some errors
Restoring a Beam to Factory Default Settings
- Remove the Beam from the charging dock.
- Insert a USB keyboard into the USB port on the Beam. See below for port locations:
- Beam Standard and Enhanced: Under the Beam's face (screen/speaker)
- BeamPro: Behind the hatch at the back of the BeamPro's head
- Highlight Tools from the Device Settings main menu. Press Enter to select.
- Highlight Factory Restore. Press Enter to select and again to confirm.
- Allow the Beam to power down completely.
- Reboot the Beam. See device based instructions below:
- Beam Standard and Enhanced: Return the Beam to the charging dock for automatic startup.
- BeamPro: Press the gray power button at the back of the BeamPro's base to startup.